Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pittsburgh Week 1 Dancing in Decadence to Meandering in Sicily

Hello!

My name is Jennifer and I am amongst other things an aspiring Classical Vocalist attending Duquesene University for my Artists Diploma.  Though I have many hobbies, passions and interests. I have a special place in my heart for the Cullinary arts.

The defenition of food in the dictionary is often defined as "any substance that can be metabolized by an animal to give energy and build tissue." This is absolutly accurate, especially when you consider the word "Energy." Another word for Energy is heart or Passion which are the building blocks for Great works of art. Great art, no matter the type, is something that catches our eye, and most importantly, connects with our hearts.

 Fabulous food, whether it be a hole in the wall burger joint with the most moist juicy burgers, or a fantastic 5 star melt in your mouth Cedar planked salmon. As long as it brought you joy, and hopefully a great memory with friends annd family then it's worth sharing.

 Some of my best memories have been while eating with people I love, the best conversations have stemmed from sipping a good Moscato and sampling all the appetizers on the menu until the lights have been dimmed, and I realize I had lunch but stayed till supper. Food, Wine, Poetry, Art, and Music have one fantastic commonality. They bring people together!

In my blog I will share my cullinary experiences good and bad, note coupons and specials, and hopefully you'll share your thoughts too. "Some people like to paint pictures, or do gardening, or build a boat in the basement. Other people get a tremendous pleasure out of the kitchen, because cooking is just as creative and imaginative an activity as drawing, or wood carving, or music." -Julia Child

No comments:

Post a Comment