Tuesday, August 17, 2010

week two: Seviche "Satisfying Excellence Vivacious Charismatic Hot and..Expensive"

Week 2    Seviche "Satisfying  Excellence Vivacious Charismatic Hot and Expensive"


Heading Downtown Pittsburgh and want a chance of Scenery? Check out "seviches"

Located 930 Penn Ave Pittsburgh, PA it's an easy bus ride across town, or all the cabbies know the spot very well. I did not even have to give an address.

When I walked in the word that came to my mind was "whoa" Busier than a new york city intersection this place was HOPPIN on a Monday Night. Business men, familes, and  aspiring movie stars alike all mingle at the bars and fashionably posh tables. Occassionally stopping there conversation to begin to dance. I was very warmly greeted by a waitress around my age. ( Everyone who works there was eye candy) and had personalities to match. As soon as I told her I had moved a week ago from Kansas she stopped everything she was doing in the hustle and sat down and just talked with me. Which being a stranger in a strange land meant more than she could ever know.

Then after a few minutes of chatting I ordered a Mango Mojito the house special  and 4 different kinds of seviche. The food was outstanding. If you have ever been to California... it tasted like eating the freshest produce or If you've ever been to Maine, the "Catch of the day." In short, if I could have made love to my plate, I would have. The only problem and the reviews will tell you this is, the plates were these tiny little doll sized plates where the food literally, was gone in a mouth full. Also, at 8 to 10$ a plate they were not cheap. However, this was my big night out so I indulged had my fill, 2 mojitos and with the tip the grand total came to about 50 bucks. Now, first you need to know when it comes to good food and company, I am very happy to pay for what I get. Secondly after that I chatted with the wait staff and found out what nights they run specials and here..... they are. (-;

Monday - happy hour 5 dollar tapas select drinks 5- 7 "Salsa dancing till close
Tuesday - Chakita tuesday are ladies nights! first drink is on the house
Wed Live Jazz- 5 dollar specials on selected drinks - tapas 7 dollars
Thursday - happy hour 5-7
Friday Happy hour 5-7

Pros: Food and service and ambience
Cons: Pricey if you don't hit up the specials.

So with an empty Purse a Full tummy, and a Happy Heart I bid you farewell until till next weeks cullinary adventures. - Jennifer

1 comment: